[publicclassics] The Little Prince … in Ancient Greek

Kai Brodersen kai.brodersen at uni-erfurt.de
Mi Mai 3 21:40:40 CEST 2017

Dear All, Julian Coderch has this announcement to make. Best, Kai

###

As this mailing list was created in order to advertise new publications,
to avoid overcrowding the other list “Classicists,” allow me to present
a new publication that may be of some interest to those of you involved
in language teaching and to your students.

I have recently launched my translation of “Le Petit Prince”, by Antoine
de Saint-Exupéry, in Ancient Greek.

Title: The Little Prince … in Ancient Greek

Subtitle: Translation of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s original text, with
vocabulary help

ISBN: 978-0-9571387-4-2

Amazon link (USA):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0957138741/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1493827294&sr=8-3&keywords=coderch+greek

It has been launched just around half an hour ago, so probably the
Amazon sites of continental Europe and UK will need 2-3 days to produce
the detail page and have it available.

I would like to mention that the book has been written following the
Ørberg style: all vocabulary help in the secondary column on each page
is in Ancient Greek itself, by means of short definitions, synonyms,
opposites, etc.

The price has been left really low (moreover, the book is just 102 pages
long), as this is a book intended mostly for students:

$ 4.95      £ 3.95      EUR 4.95

(Some Amazon sites may offer a different prize, but these are the
official prices you should find in the USA Amazon site, UK Amazon site
and European Amazon sites .de, .it, .es and .fr).

I go on keeping the square-shaped format (8.5 x 8.5) that has been so
useful for my grammars.

Juan C.
Dr. J. Coderch
Senior Language Tutor in Greek and Latin
The University of St. Andrews

School of Classics
Swallowgate
St. Andrews