Scholarships and Teaching Assistance

Currently the university does not offer any scholarship to study at the MA programme. However, students are recommended to apply for scholarships offered by outside institutions and foundations. Following is the list of several institutions meant to give you an initial idea of what types of institutions may provide scholarships.

1. Scholarships awarded to German citizens and to foreigners that are residents and have received their secondary education in Germany ("Bildungsinlaender") only:



Stiftung der deutschen Wirtschaft


Evangelisches Studienwerk


Dr. Jost Henkel-Stiftung


2. Scholarships awarded both to prospective students from Germany and from abroad:



Ford Foundation

Fulbright Commission

Rotary International



The above mentioned possibilities should only be seen as a starting point. Applicants are encouraged to begin their research on funding possibilities early in the year and to seek all possible sources. For example, the government of your home country may also offer scholarships for students wishing to benefit from higher education abroad.

Students are also invited to apply to work as paid teaching or research assistants.