[publicclassics] New volume in the 'Plutarchea Hypomnemata' series: 'Plutarch’s Science of Natural Problems'

Leuven University Press annemie.vandezande at upers.kuleuven.be
Mo Feb 20 12:10:01 CET 2017

Web Version http://www.emeel.be/t/r-e-ykkkjte-hkkljithkt-p/  |   Update preferences http://universitairepersleuven.updatemyprofile.com/r-ykkkjte-7B3A8594-hkkljithkt-x  |   Unsubscribe http://www.emeel.be/t/r-u-ykkkjte-hkkljithkt-m/               http://www.emeel.be/t/r-fb-ykkkjte-hkkljithkt-c/   Like http://www.emeel.be/t/r-fb-ykkkjte-hkkljithkt-q/     http://www.emeel.be/t/r-tw-ykkkjte-hkkljithkt-a/   Tweet http://www.emeel.be/t/r-tw-ykkkjte-hkkljithkt-f/      Forward http://universitairepersleuven.forwardtomyfriend.com/r-hkkljithkt-7B3A8594-ykkkjte-l-z

Now available [http://upers.kuleuven.be/en/book/9789462700840]

Plutarch’s Science of Natural Problems [http://upers.kuleuven.be/en/book/9789462700840]

A Study with Commentary on Quaestiones Naturales

Michiel Meeusen

The role of natural science in the Roman Imperial Era

In his Quaestiones naturales, Plutarch unmistakably demonstrates a huge interest in the world of natural phenomena. The work of this famous intellectual and philosopher from Chaeronea consists of forty-one natural problems that address a wide variety of questions, sometimes rather peculiar ones, pertaining to ancient Greek physics, including problems related to the fields of zoology, botany, meteorology and their respective subdisciplines.

By providing a thorough study of and commentary on this generally neglected text, written by one of the most influential and prolific writers from Antiquity, this book contributes to our better understanding of Plutarch’s natural scientific programme and, the condition and role of ancient natural science in the Roman Imperial Era in general.  Take a look inside > [https://books.google.be/books/p/leuven_university_press?q=&hl=nl&vid=9789462700840&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=y]

€ 85,00, ISBN 9789462700840, hardback, 556 p., English, Plutarchea Hypomnemata

BUY YOUR COPY > [http://upers.kuleuven.be/en/book/9789462700840]

Previously published in the series [http://upers.kuleuven.be/en/series/plutarchea-hypomnemata]

The  Plutarchea Hypomnemata [http://upers.kuleuven.be/en/series/plutarchea-hypomnemata] series focuses on the voluminous oeuvre of Plutarch of Chaeronea, one of the most prolific and multi-faceted authors of the ancient Greek world.

A Versatile Gentleman. Consistency in Plutarch's Writing,

Jan Opsomer, Geert Roskam, Frances Titchener (eds)

€ 69,50, ISBN 9789462700765

Natural Spectaculars. Aspects of Plutarch’s Philosophy of Nature, Michiel Meeusen, Luc Van der Stockt (eds)

€ 69,50, ISBN 9789462700437

L’Adversus Colotem di Plutarco. Storia di una polemica filosofica,

Aurora Corti

€ 79,00, ISBN 9789462700093

Virtues for the People. Aspects of Plutarchan Ethics, Geert Roskam, Luc Van der Stockt (eds)

€ 64,95, ISBN 9789058678584

Plutarch’s Life of Alcibiades. Story, Text and Moralism, Simon Verdegem

€ 69,50, ISBN 9789058677600

Plutarch’s Maxime cum principibus philosopho esse disserendum. An Interpretation with Commentary, Geert Roskam

€ 49,50, ISBN 9789058677365

A Commentary on Plutarch's De latenter vivendo. De latenter vivendo, Geert Roskam

€ 34,50, ISBN 9789058676030

Our Spring 2017 Catalogue is out! [http://upers.kuleuven.be/sites/upers.kuleuven.be/files/catelog/lup_catspring17_web.pdf]

In this Spring 2017 catalogue we present you our new and forthcoming titles from February 2017 until August 2017.  Browse online > [http://upers.kuleuven.be/sites/upers.kuleuven.be/files/catelog/lup_catspring17_web.pdf]

Special Spring Offer! Save 20% with the coupon code CATS2017 [http://www.lup.be]

Enter the coupon code CATS2017 with your online order at www.lup.be and save 20%.

Valid until April 30, 2017. This discount cannot be combined with other offers and/or (employee) discounts.

We trust this e-mail is of interest to you as a customer of Leuven University Press. We undertake never to sell or rent out personal information in any form whatsoever to third parties for commercial purposes.

Leuven University Press

Minderbroedersstraat 4

3000 Leuven - Belgium

www.lup.be