[Ausschreibungsdienst_Kai_Brodersen] Manchester: History (incl. Ancient History) - Professorship (100%, permanent)

Kai Brodersen kai.brodersen at uni-erfurt.de
Tue Sep 11 21:15:44 CEST 2018

Manchester Metropolitan University
History, Politics & Philosophy

Professor of History

Full Time / Permanent
Job Ref: 	eArcu-0371

Manchester is one of the most extensive higher education centres in
Europe and the most popular city for students in the UK. We are at the
heart of it, delivering cutting-edge skills to people from 120 countries
– 94% of whom go into work or further study within six months of
graduating. Since 2006, we have invested £350 million into our
exceptional campus to deliver our vision of being the best modern
university, and we continue to achieve and innovate every day.

Where you’ll work:

The Faculty of Arts and Humanities is a large multidisciplinary
community embracing Humanities, Social Sciences, the Manchester School
of Art and the Manchester Fashion Institute. With around 10,000
students, the Faculty has a portfolio of quality provision in both
Education and Research, with some areas of world-leading performance.
The Department of History, Politics and Philosophy and the University’s
History Research Centre, comprises a large and diverse group, covering a
rich variety of themes and all periods of history, from the ancient to
the contemporary world. History boasts an outstanding record in teaching
and student engagement, scoring over 90% satisfaction scores for the
past 6 years.

About the role:

Helping to grow our research talent across the department, you will lead
on major research initiatives, planning research strategy as part of the
leadership team.

About you:

As a research leader, you will have an impressive academic record and
considerable standing in teaching and research, along with an
internationally recognised publication record. Naturally, you will have
a track record of significant research income generation and likewise
should be publically-engaged, possessing excellent international
networks. We welcome applicants working on any period of history,
especially those whose research augments existing strengths in public
engagement and/or one of our existing research groupings: leisure,
consumption and material culture; religious and intellectual history;
war, conflict and society; youth, gender and sexuality.

If you would like to join our people and share our ambition, we would
love to hear from you.

For further information, please see our dedicated emagazine:
http://magazine.mmucareers.com/professorofhistory

Please ensure that you include a CV and covering letter with your
application.