[publicclassics] Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest - in Greek & Latin

Kai Brodersen kai.brodersen at uni-erfurt.de
Mi Dez 29 10:07:37 CET 2021

((Julian Coderch has asked for this information to go onto the pubicclassics list. Many thanks to you all, and a Happy 2022, Kai))

Dear all,

For those of you who may be interested in language-related matters:

I wanted to let you know that I have written a double translation, both into Ancient Greek and Latin, of "The Importance of Being Earnest," by Oscar Wilde. As with all of my former books, you can download the PDF for free from my website

http://coderch-greek-latin-grammar.weebly.com/

Apart from the two translations, there is also an Introduction in English and some content questions at the end, also in English (to be answered into Greek/Latin).

(Please do not expect artistical and erudite Greek/Latin, expect easy-level language.)

The book has already got its ISBN, etc., and the plan was to do the same as with my former books: offer it for free as a PDF (this is already available) and, for those who may want a paper-printed copy, to make it available in Amazon through the same company (KDP) that deals with my former books, but for some reason I am having some difficulties for this. The problem seems to be that since KDP absorbed CreateSpace there has been no problem in continuing with the titles "inherited" from CS but, for new titles, KDP seems to have put some new rules about the languages supported by them.

Whatever the result is (whether the book ends up being available as a physical paper-printed book or not), the option of downloading it as a free PDF will always remain available.

Further ahead I will inform in the web site itself about this situation.

-----------------------

Thanks for anything you can do to help me to post this information.

Juan C.

Dr. J. Coderch
Senior Language Tutor in Greek and Latin
The University of St. Andrews

School of Classics
Swallowgate
St. Andrews